Today I made roasted Brussels sprouts: can a vegetable be so delicious if cooked in a way and almost disgusting if cooked in some other ways?
Yes, it can!!!!
I used ground hazelnuts to get the nice crust, then tossed the sprouts in good quality balsamic vinegar and grated vegan cheese before serving.
I have to admit that these babies are delicious!
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 500 g of Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt, a generous pinch
- 8 tablespoons of toasted, ground hazelnuts
- 2 of tablespoons Traditional Balsamic Vinegar (or more, depending on how intense your balsamic is)
- hard vegan cheese
1. Prepare the Brussels sprouts
Preheat the oven at 220°C (425°F). Slice off the rough part of the stems and cut the sprouts in half vertically, right through the core. In a large bowl season them with the salt, oil and the hazelnuts
Transfer to a baking sheet in a single layer, and bake for about 10 minutes or until nicely roasted, then turn on the grill for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar
Place the roasted sprouts back into the bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar, some grated vegan cheese and toss to coat evenly.